Thursday 11 September 2014

Sebastian Mahaluf @ Rufus Stone

All the approached topics in my artistic process are related –in some way- to the interaction between people: The need to share common ground, the need to depend on the other person.

Why to work with the space?

Why to work with my body and people?

These are the objects of my artistic production. I work with the geometry into the space. Why? because I need to understand each part of the space that surrounds me. We live in the space. We are full of the space all the time and there is a space between us.




Therefore, my work has the dual nature of contemplative and participatory. The spectator abandons his role and be a part of the piece with the artist. The spectator is no longer this, and he becomes an artist. Together elaborate a social interaction with the purpose of an artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment